The Board of Directors of Raft, Inc. and the staff of the Legal Support Institute (LSI) would like to thank the following Donors for their continued support of our organization and its' mission.
Several of you, from inception, were instrumental in planting the initial "Seed Money." You saw value in our vision, you believed in our concept and invested in our developmental process over the years. For this, we will be forever grateful for your kindness and generosity.
- California Bar Foundation
- S. Mark Taper Foundation
- Harold Edelstein Foundation
- Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco (FHLBSF)
- Hollywood Park Charity Bingo
- Broadway Federal Bank
- Surya Corporation
- Plains All American Pipeline LP
- Sempra Energy
- Ralphs Community Contributions Program
- Food 4 Less Community Rewards Program
- The Vons Companies Charitable Foundation South Bay Region
- Alan D. Breslauer Fund
- Bennett Flicker & Assoc
- Atty. Christopher Rolin
- Marvin G. Burns
- Atty. Frederick L. Simmons
- Marvin Rothenberg
- Atty. Randi R. Geffner
- Attorney Nona Randois
- Atty. Francisca Baxa
- Attorney Lisa Woods
- Ella D. Williams, Pres./CEO, Aegir
- A-American Self Storage
To our new Supporters, "Welcome to Raft's Community." We appreciate your interest in our program and our mission. It is your support that helps to take Raft's LSI to the next level of service. We value your input. Raft is growing and there are a number of activities going on right now. We are looking for more dedicated Supporters that are seeking opportunities to make a difference.
Currently, Raft's LSI program is increasing its student enrollment by 50% and needs a larger commercial space to accommodate more computer lab seating for those students. Raft's LSI has taken on the primary role of job placement of its' graduates and needs to hire more staff for training and job creation. Raft will be actively marketing to the legal community to hire our graduates. We need a fundraising team to sustain the higher productivity goals. Raft is creating an active community and your participation is valuable to us. We thank you in advance for connecting with our community...
Other Ways to Help...
- Auto Donations: Raft, Inc. is an approved 501(c)3 nonprofit public benefit corporation. When you donate your vehicle in any condition, we will arrange for free pick up and provide all your necessary documents for tax write off. Please call (888) 250-4490 and tell them the Donation is for Raft, Inc. Or visit the link below to complete the form for auto pick up and all DMV paperwork: http://www.ritewaycharityservices.org/online-donation/
- Ralphs & Food4Less Community Contribution Drives: Ralphs Grocery & Food 4 Less Store's Community Contributions program provides up to 4% per quarter to nonprofits, based on a shoppers monthly purchases. Rewards Cardholders should register online at www.Ralphs.com, or www.Food4Less.com, to link Raft's nonprofit #82041 to your card. You may also use the Scan Letter with the Rewards card at checkout with the Cashier... Contact Raft to obtain your Food 4 Less Rewards Card. Download Now!
Food 4 Less Scan Letter (38 KB)
Ralphs Scan Letter (50 KB)
- Provide a Celebrity Spokesperson: Celebrities can do great service for emerging organizations with important causes, if they direct the media attention towards the persons involved with the real business of working the program on the ground. No message could be more convincing than theirs. But emerging organizations that are innovative with good causes rarely capture the attention of Celebrities, unless of course there is a relationship with an existing Donor. Consider your personal Contacts. Our economic development focus for emancipated youth and low-income families, would be a good fit for the right Celebrity.
- Donate Real Estate: A donation of Real property to Raft, Inc. can prove to be the best alternative to selling, due to the quick liquidation of assets, numerous tax breaks, and of course the opportunity to benefit charitable causes and families in need... Individual Donors > If you have held the property for more than one year, it is classified as long-term capital gain property. You can deduct the full fair market value of the donated property. Your charitable contribution deduction is limited to various percentages of your adjusted gross income. Excess contribution value may be carried forward for up to five years. If the property has been depreciated, the fair market value must be reduced by its accumulated depreciation through the date of contribution. (Please check with your tax professional)
- Raft's Building Fund: We are in the initial planning stages of starting a building fund campaign. Raft has outgrown its current location and needs a new facility to house all components of our program under one roof. We require approximately 3,500 sq. ft. or more of commercial office space, to accommodate the increased enrollment, more staff personnel and the expansion of the computer lab. Raft has identified an interim location in downtown Inglewood to lease that would accommodate our increased operation for now. The building has adequate parking, is convenient to public transportation and located in safe surroundings for our students and staff. We need your generous contributions to relocate.
- Host a Friend-raiser Event: Any interested Supporter can host an in-home, office or group event, where we can share a short success story of one of the Legal Support Institute's student graduates. Our objective is to get at least 5 new donors every month to donate $5.00, $10.00 or more per month and agree to pay the total amount in advance using the "Donate button."
- Scholarship fund drives: There are a number of prospective students that we simply cannot cover their total costs to attend LSI. Our goal is to raise $72,000 per year to assist 60 low-income students with tuition costs annually. "Launch a Raft and become a "Rafter!" Give the gift of a scholarship for only $1,200.00. Donate today...
- General Operating Support: Raft is taking our organization to the next level of service and sustainability. LSI will increase its enrollment and will need to hire more staff instructors. In addition to program expenses, we need unrestricted support for overhead expenses and administrative costs. Your contributions are needed to help with meeting our higher productivity goals. "Launch a Raft... Become a Rafter" today. Thank You!